You are the sweetest. Your heart has enlarged ten times in the past few months. You are compassionate and caring and so empathetic. This past month has been busy and crazy, and I don’t think that you said or did anything less cute or amazing, but Mommy might have not been as diligent in making notes about it. Here’s what I do know:
- When you saw me cry, you would give me sweet pats and say, “It’s ok. It’s ok. It’s ok.”
- Your sister was explaining a sad/hard situation after school, and you walked so closely to her, put your arm around her, and said repeatedly, “Sister, I’ll always be here to help you.”
- “Tulip paper” = toilet paper
- “peep” = peepee
- “What did I do to disobeyed?”
- You one time called Sister “woman,” and I asked you why, and you said you learned it in Bible study. (You studied the wedding feast, where Jesus turned water into wine, and affectionately referred to his mother as “woman.”) I let you know that it’s not seen so affectionately these days. 🙂
- You love going to the “boom boom” playground in Central Park, where you stomp up the steps and make the boom boom sound.
- You’re learning more letters, you’re isolating the initial sounds of words (and starting to identify some letters that make those sounds), you recognize numbers, and count super high!
- You like Tot School now, and that makes my heart happy. 🙂
- I love spending my days with you. You help us start our days out with you super early, too. So now I go to bed really early to prepare and drink even more coffee to wake myself up. 🙂
- Thursday mornings have become a fun time for us. Sometimes we go on coffee or donut dates, or we visit Daddy at work, or we invite a friend over to play!
- You often squeeze my neck and say, “I LOVE YOU SO, SO MUCH!!!”
AND I LOVE YOU!!!!