Hi Little Buddy!
You are three months old today! (And your Big Dad turned 58 years old today!) We are in Texas visiting friends and family right now. It’s your first (of many) trips to this fun state!
Here are some things to remember from this past month:
- You are a happy little man. You love to smile, and you also laugh now, too. It’s so fun to interact with you! Some things that make you laugh are tickling you under your chin or on your sides and also when your daddy smells your toes. Sometimes we can even get a giggle just by saying lots of silly things to you.
- You are also a little charmer. You can give these smiles that absolutely melt Mommy’s heart! (See the picture above.)
- You are starting to “fill out.” You now have some rolls on your legs, and they are adorable!
- I’m not sure how much you weigh this month, but you were 11.5 pounds at two months, so I’m sure you’ve gained a pound or so since then!
- You met your cousin Ansley this month. She’s about four months older, and although she is a little longer than you, I think you guys weigh almost the same!
- You just moved out of size one diapers. You have outgrown almost all of your 0-3 month clothes and can wear 3 months(some of which are already getting too small) or 3-6 months.
- Although I haven’t been the best at encouraging tummy time, you are still gaining some head control and can now lift and turn your head.
- You are starting to try to roll. Actually, you have rolled over from your back to your tummy while on a slight incline at Gramma’s. You just need a little help to get started, but I figure you’ll be rolling around unassisted soon.
- You have also started to exert your will a little these days. One time I wanted to take a picture of you and Fairley. You really wanted your hands in your mouth, but I told Fairley to take them out. Every time she did, you would grunt and shove them right back in.
- You are still on a three-hour eating schedule. You eat at 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, and 10. You’re still just getting up once at night to feed, and sleep training will ensue next week while your sister is in Texas. I’m not looking forward that, and as much as I’m looking forward to getting a full night’s sleep soon, I am also sad and working to cherish the middle of the night snuggle time that we now have that will soon come to an end.
- You went on your second flight this month. You were awake a lot more this time, and you were pretty active, but you were still happy and a great travel buddy.
- We’re in Texas now enjoying time with family. We first visited Uncle Aaron, Aunt Heather, Reid and Ansley. Now we’re at GiGi and Big Dad’s. Everyone is just eating you up, as expected!
You are such a joy. I believe you have what it takes to be a great man, and I am so proud to be your mama.