You’re two years and two months old now, and I think we love you more and more every day (if that’s even possible!) Here are some memories from this month:
- You love to say “ma’am” and “sir” now, and you know how to use them correctly for girls/boys.
- Your dinosaur acted up and “bit” someone. Here was your discipline intervention: “Dino, why did you bite?…Oh, because you have sharp teeth? Let’s pray…(head bowed in silence). Amen.”
- Mommy was switching out her closet and trying on clothes and not liking the way a dress fit. You looked up and said, “Mommy, you look like a princess!” That definitely helped my self-esteem.
- You opened your Easter basket and when you found your kite you said, “I have always wanted a kite!”
- “Bag starts with b. /b/ /b/ bag!”
- “Are you serious?”
- “Jesus died on the cross because he loves us. Jesus washed our feet.”
- I told you we got a monitor to put in our room to watch you. You said, “Let’s put it in my room so I can watch YOU!”
- At church, someone was asking for a word that started with A. You said, “Appetizing!”
- You memorized Isaiah 41:10 – your first memory verse!
- You call us Mom and Dad now, not Mommy or Daddy.
- “That’s not my favorite.” (A polite way of telling us you don’t like something.)
- You were quiet and had your eyes closed in your high chair one day. I asked what you were doing, and you said, “I’m thinking about how much God loves me.”
- I grabbed your arm one time to bring you close to me to change your clothes (since you were trying to run away). You said, “Mommy, it is not kind to grab.” Mommy apologized for grabbing but let you know that there is no need to do so when you obey. 🙂
- “I’m not older. I’m new.”
- “Mommy, I am glad you are here.”
We love you, sweet girl!