So here’s a photo recap of all things Tot School/Field Family for the month of March – including all of our Easter Advent Activities! (Click here for a separate link with those plans since it was a little lengthy.)
(Click on the pictures to view a slideshow with descriptions.)
Below, you’ll find a listing of the activities we did for March, including our Easter (non-Advent) activities.
Here were our learning objectives: (Taken from this post – from Twinsane in the Membrane.)
Letters: S, T, U
Themes: Shamrocks and rainbows
For J.D (1 year old) –
- Springtime Sensory Basket – He loved it, especially playing peek-a-boo with the bin and shaking all the eggs!
For Fairley (3 years old) –
- Jellybean Sensory Bin
- Jellybean Math – We used this printable from this website.)
- Fine Motor Easter Egg Hunt – Not a favorite
- Magic Egg Story – from pages 23-24 in this great packet – I made our eggs out of cardstock instead of felt. Fairley liked this one!
- Jellybean science – We just put jellybeans (sorted by color) in water and made a “hypothesis” about what would happen to the water, to the beans, etc. Then we observed and described what was happening. Pretty fun!
Songs and Fingerplays (for both kiddos!):
Bunny Pokey (Tune: Hokey Pokey)
You put your bunny ears in (Place hands on head to make ears)
You put your bunny ears out.
You put your bunny ears in.
And you shake them all about.
You do the Bunny Pokey And hop yourself around, That’s what it’s all about!
Continue with bunny nose, bunny tail, bunny paws.
(taken from Oopsey Daisy blog packet)
HERE IS A BUNNY- Loved!
Here is a bunny (Hold up index and middle fingers.)
With ears so funny. (Wiggle fingers.)
And here is his
Hole in the ground. (Make hole with fist of the other hand.)
At the slightest noise he hears,
He pricks up his ears, (Wiggle fingers.)
Then hops to his
Hole in the ground! (Pretend to hop bunny ears into the hole.)
(taken from Dr. Jean)
EASTER ADVENT – See this post for great ideas for next year!