So this month was a busy one, which is as to be expected. We did our best to complete some fun learning activities from Twinsane in the Membrane. We also enjoyed our daily advent calendar, our weekly advent lesson from church, and we even did a little nativity scene scavenger hunt during the week leading up to Christmas. I haven’t had time to type up each of the other activities we did, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! Our other plans/objectives are listed below.
Letters: J, K, L (We didn’t get to L, but we’ll get to it when we get back home.)
Number: 10 (We missed a snowman counting activity that I really want to do when we get back home.)
Theme: Christmas Trees, snowman, nativity
I tried to make a plan for the month (and marked it on my own calendar) and then wrote out the little activities for each day and stuffed them in the drawer. Some days had scripture, or a little toy, but most of them were either fun family activities or ways that we could serve others this season. Here are a few examples:
- Watch a Christmas movie together.
- Share your favorite warm drink with your family.
- Exchange presents.
- (a little bracelet)
- Isaiah 58:7-8 – Put a snack in your bag to share with a homeless person.
- Make cake balls to share with people in your neighborhood.
- Make a gift for a friend.
- Mail a gift to our sponsor child in the D.R.
- Start our weekly advent readings!
- Christmas Tot School with Ethan
- Make a family breakfast.
- Find a way to serve GiGi and Big Dad.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Read a Christmas book and sing a Christmas song.
- Look at Christmas lights.
- Go to Candlelight Service.
- Clean out your toys and share with others who might want to enjoy them!