Hi Little Guy!!
You are four months old now, and all of a sudden – you’re no longer a newborn! It seems like just within the last couple of days that you have started doing all of these new things that make you more of just a baby and not a little newbie. It’s so exciting and so fun! Here are a few things to remember from this past month:
- You are so sensitive to sound! You do not love loud sounds. One morning, Fair and I were making a smoothie, and you were chilling on your blanket. You were SO not pleased by the sound of the blender. You burst into the saddest cry with THE saddest face I have ever seen. Sorry about that, buddy.
- You started to roll this month! You can go from back to tummy (and now from tummy to back, I think).
- You actually like being on your tummy now, and you can hold your head up really well! (A relief to me because “tummy time” hasn’t happened as often the second time around…)
- You are starting to grasp toys now. You’re loving your piano playmat, and you roll around and pull yourself all over that thing!
- Your favorite book is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, and your sister loves reading it to you! You also love the song “Tony Chestnut.”
- You talk and squawk a lot now. It’s super fun to sit and “chat” with you!
- Earlier this month, you discovered your feet, and you think they’re pretty fun!
- You also took your first bath with your sister this month. I’m sure you’re going to hate me for memorializing that (in writing and pictures, of course!), but it’s just something we moms have to do!
- This month, you traveled to Texas and met a lot of people who love you! You also got to spend a week at home with just Mommy and Daddy while Fairley hung out with GiGi and Big Dad. Then we all spent a week together here in NYC. Mommy loved having some special one-on-one time with you. I also loved this long walk that Daddy and I took with you in the “big stroller.” We walked from our new house (on 127th) to our old house (on72nd).
- Last month, you moved to a Size 2 diaper, and you’re still rockin’ those. You are completely out of any 3 month clothes (and are a little long for some of your 6 month clothes already!)
- You weigh 14 lbs, 5 oz, and you are 24.5 inches long! You are 50th percentile for both height and weight. And although Dr. G. thought you had a big head at first, you’re only 25th percentile for the size of your noggin.
- YOU ARE SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT NOW!! Woohoo!!! You still get a dreamfeed around 10:30, but you sleep from around 7:30 to 7 (or today – 7:25!) You still sleep in the bathtub…sorry about that one. We’re just waiting a little longer to make sure you are a sound sleeper before putting you back in your room with your sister.
- You’re still on a 3 hour feeding schedule but probably should move to a 3.5 or 4 hour one soon. One thing at a time, though, these days.
- We’re weaning you from the swaddle now. You currently sleep like a merman – just legs in, no arms. I was scared to try this, but it was necessary due to your Houdini-like swaddle-escaping skills…and the fact that you can now roll over! You’ve done super well with it, though! So proud!
So, my love, in the words of my favorite book for you right now:
“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
As long as I’m living,
My baby you’ll be!”
You’re my sweet boy, and I love you!