On the one hand, it’s so hard to believe that you’re getting so old, but on the other hand, you’re developing and changing so much every single day that I can’t help but realize you’re growing up! You are so fun to hang out with! You interact and pretty much have conversations with us now. You definitely have a great personality – you are confident, funny, fun-loving, sweet, and a bit strong-willed. Here are a few highlights from the month:
- You like to copy Mommy and drop your glasses below your eyes while you say, “Hello dah-ling!”
- One day, you were set on having a cookie, but we kept telling you it wasn’t time for a cookie. You then started chanting, “COOKIE TIME!”
- I love to tell you that you are a sweet girl, so you repeat, “Fair Fair Sweet Girl.”
- We started doing a consistent circle time with Emma each morning, so now you know and remind me, “circle time!”
- Everytime you see Dario, you either ask him for applesauce (and a spoon) or a cookie. And you usually get at least one (or both).
- One day you were a super great sport at H&M while Mommy tried lots of clothes on you for a couple of hours. During that time, you found a Hello Kitty water bottle/purse that you loved. You carried it around the store all morning. I figured you earned it, so I bought it before we left. You then preceded to carry it around all day long – across the playground, in the stroller, in the house, and into the bathtub.
- One night Daddy was asking you what you thought the baby was going to be. You usually say, “girl,” but this time you said “boy-girl.” Daddy said that in that case, we would be in trouble. He asked you again, and you said, very seriously, “Girl…boy…two.” Twins? I’m not sure; we will see!
- One day, Mommy had a headache, so she took a rest on the couch while Daddy played with you. A few days later, I saw you lying on the couch, holding your head and saying, “Head hurt.”
- Last weekend, our church had a fall carnival. Mommy wasn’t able to go, but when I got home, I asked you what you did, and you emphatically (and clearly) said, “Bounce house!”
- You are getting pretty proficient at feeding yourself with a spoon, and you can also sit in a big girl swing now!
- You know lots of colors – red, purple, yellow, blue, green, pink, and you also have started to sing the ABC’s. You can get to abcdefg. You can also count (with a few missing numbers here and there).
You truly are growing up so quickly, but I am enjoying (and trying to remember) every single moment. I love you!