Fairley Bug (a new favorite nickname),
We enjoy every single moment with you. You are one of God’s greatest blessings to us, and we pray that we always remember and cherish all of the fun times we are having with you. This month was full of fun memories and milestones. Here are some things we’ll always want to remember:
- You continue to be the friendliest baby ever! You don’t seem to meet a stranger (which means we’ll have to keep a close eye on you in this city), and you love to talk to and smile at everyone you see!
- You can wave now (and it’s just about the cutest thing ever). You wave to say “hi,” and a few times you’ve waved and said “bye, bye.” (Or at least that’s what it sounded like!) We have also heard a word that sounds like “up” when you want to stand up, and we have also hear what we thought sounded like you mimicking our sound of “whoa” when you start to slip or fall down. You have also added a few other new sounds to your repertoire – “bleh!” and “blah!” and also “uh-oh!”
- I think you signed “all done” to me when you finished your lunch the other day, and I was so proud and excited that we are beginning a new form of communication!
- You are definitely a baby on the move! You can pull yourself into the seated position from lying down, you can pull up on anything (including your crib, which we had to lower), and you’re starting to cruise around using all our furniture.
- We’ve also noticed that you now recognize and respond to your name!
- We were able to visit Texas again this month in order to celebrate your Uncle Aaron’s marriage to your new Aunt Heather. You also now have your first cousin, Reid!
- You haven’t slowed down with eating. We reintroduced peas and avocado, and you ate those this time, so now you’ve eaten everything we have offered you. We’re starting to offer more “table foods,” and you are doing so well! (You loved chicken enchilada soup.) I must say, though, that your diet must be extremely high in beta-carotene because your face (especially your nose) became quite an orange hue this month…(What can I say? Your favorite foods are pumpkin, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots!)
- You got your first two teeth this month! The two bottom middle teeth have arrived, and you wear them well!
- You still sleep through the night from about 7:30 PM-6 or 7AM. (Daylight Savings Time and our travels have made you more of an early riser…)
- You are still on a four hour schedule. You eat at 7 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM, and 7 PM. You take two naps a day, usually around 9:30 and 1:30.
- You love bath time with Daddy. (I think it might be one of his favorite times of the day, too!) He loves reading you snippets of information from his “Intellectual Devotional” so one day you will be as smart as him!
- Mommy’s favorite times of day are before naptime when we can relax and read lots of books together and also before bed when we review our day together.
- Some of your favorite books are: Peek-a-Who and any book in the Touch the Art Series. You do really well with any type of interactive board book. You even know what part of each page to touch and feel, and you love to help turn the pages.
We are so blessed to be your mommy and daddy, Fairley Anne! We love you so much!