With each month come more deliberate interactions, more memories, and more milestones. We just love getting to spend time with you and see you grow. God made you in such a unique and special way, and we love getting to be your mommy and daddy. Here are some fun things about this 6th month of your life!
- You are moving a lot these days! You now have mastered rolling from your tummy to your back, and you can roll with some purpose! If you see something you want, you are creatively finding ways to get to it! You are starting to move both your arms and legs, and it looks like crawling might be in the not too far future.
- You’ve been rolling around in your crib so much that we had to break down and buy some breathable bumpers. It was not uncommon for me to come in and see you dangling an appendage out of your crib during nighttime or naptime. If you were in a good mood, this didn’t bother you one bit. If you were feeling a little more temperamental, this added a little fuel to the fire. J
- You can sit up with some assistance, but instead of working on this skill, you’d rather roll around on the floor. We’ll get there soon, I’m sure.
- You can now ride in an umbrella stroller, and we made the transition from sitting in your car seat on top of the bigger stroller to sitting in the actual seat. I miss getting to see you while we go for walks, but I think you enjoy facing forward and getting to see more of the world!
- You’ve started eating solid foods! Boy, were you ready for this transition. For the past month or so, I think you’ve looked longingly at about everything your dad and I put in our mouths. We’re starting with applesauce, but I’m thinking you are going to enjoy lots of foods! (It runs in our family to have a great love for and appreciation of food!)
- We had some fun outings this month. We danced and sang to Mama Mia! at Broadway in Bryant Park, and we took a trip out to a new pop-up pool in Brooklyn Bridge Park!
- You are a very social baby! You smile and laugh a lot, and you love getting to see people. You are drawn to faces; you love grasping for noses and hair at this time.
- You now sleep through the night without a dream feed! You usually go down around 7:30 and sleep until 7 or 7:30 (except for these last few days when a dirty diaper has been the cause of a few 6 AM wake-ups…)
- You are still on a four hour schedule. You eat at 7 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM, and 7 PM. You still take three naps a day. Two are usually long and one is usually a little cat nap. You usually wake up cooing and happy. Coming to get you up is one of my favorite things about being a mommy!
- You are still a beautiful, growing girl! We go to the doctor in a couple of weeks, and I can’t wait to see all your stats.
- Your favorite song is “Tony Chestnut.” You love all the actions that come with this tune! (Toe-knee chest-nut nose eye love you!)
We are so blessed to be your mommy and daddy, Fairley Anne! We love you so much!