You are such a sweet baby girl. This month has been a fun one (but haven’t they all?) We definitely love how much you’ve started interacting with us though. Here ‘s a short recap of this month:
- “I love fan.” This is your mantra for the month. Looking at the fan is your absolute favorite pastime. You can lie on your back and stare at that thing for hours. And what cracks me up is that you smile and laugh at it like it’s your best friend. Fortunately, though, you’ve started smiling and laughing at me and your dad, too now. J
- I think this is our current favorite pastime. We love to lie on the bed with you and smother you with kisses as you just coo and giggle. I’m convinced these sounds are the sweetest sounds in all the world.
- You went to the nursery at church for the first time this month, and you were such a good girl! On Father’s Day, you even made a footprint for your dad. Such a sweet daughter!
- You sleep through the night now. We still get you up for a dream feed, but after that, you sleep from 11-7. We’re very proud of this accomplishment, as we are ALL feeling much more well-rested these days. J
- You are on a 3.5 hour schedule. You eat every 3.5 hours, then you are awake for 1.5 hours, and then you sleep for about 1-2 hours. You still take three naps each day, but you’re up longer in the evening for lots of family fun time!
- We are currently weaning you from your beloved swaddle. You can go without it during the day for naps, but we still wrap you up tight at night to ensure we all get good sleep. J
- You took your first train ride (well, besides the subway) to West Point. What a fun trip with all the MNYBA staff!
- You’ve attended some music classes, and you love your gym class that we go to each week in the park.
- We’ve had LOTS of picnics and gone for lots of walks this month, and we’re looking forward to many more throughout the summer!
- Aunt T is here visiting for the summer, and she loves you so much and helps take good care of you!
- You’ve found your feet. And your life hasn’t been the same since.
- You weigh a little over fourteen pounds now, and you’re twenty-five inches long!
We love you more and more each day, Fairley Anne! You bring us such joy, and we are so glad that you are part of our family.